This is a try to install & play Baldur’s Gate Trilogy on Linux.
- Linux Mint 15 x64
- Wine 1.7.1 from the following PPA : https://launchpad.net/~foresto/+archive/winepatched/. Basically it’s vanilla Wine with a few patches for Guild Wars 2.
- Baldur’s Gate I & II from GOG.com
- WeiDU Linux 236 (binaries provided on their website)
- Baldur’s Gate II Fixpack v10
- Baldur’s Gate Trilogy-WeiDU 1.18 (from git since the forums seems to timeout)
- Baldur’s Gate Unfinished Business v13 (http://www.pocketplane.net/bg1ub)
- Baldur’s Gate II Unfinished Business v23 (http://www.pocketplane.net/ub)
This is how I did it, in a specific Wine prefix as usual :
- Install BG1 with wine
- Install BG2 with wine
- Put WeiDU binaries in the path (~/bin in my case)
- Put bg2fixpack folder in BG2 folder
- Run tolower from BG2 folder, answer Y to questions.
- Run weinstall bg2fixpack from BG2 folder in english (choice 0).
- Put bgt folder & setup-gt.tp2 in BG2 folder
- Copy bgt/install/unix/x86 to bgt/install/unix/amd64. If you don’t, weinstall will complain about missing binaries. This should only happen on x64 systems, not on i386 I suppose.
- Run weinstall bgt in english (choice 0), choose to install.
- Copy bg1ub folder to BG2 folder
- Copy BG2 unfinished business binary to BG2 folder
- Run it with wine so it uncompress necessary files
- Kill it when it runs WeiDU installer (ctrl-c + kill process)
- Run tolower in BG2 folder, answer Y to questions
- Run weinstall bg1ub
- Run weinstall ub
And finally, run the game and enjoy ! 😄